Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bovada Tournament 7/13

It's been a while since I blogged last, figured this would be an interesting hand to debate. I tweeted about the hand yesterday and thought to myself, I think this hand needs a further description? So why not throw a blog together about this re-play.

Anyways, the tournament was on Bovada and had about 275 runners. This was a faster pace structure and had influenced most of my decision making throughout the tournament. I'd also like to state for what its worth, I ran all the way through the field with only 2 premium hands, 1010 & AK. I swear I don't remember what two aces look like!

I promise we're getting to the hand now. We were down to 14 people and avg chips were sitting around 55k. The blinds were at 2k-4k w/300ante, I had roughly 52k in chips. So in this spot the chips were shallow and I had a "M" of about 7. The pot was opened to 12k, now not one but two players moved all in for about 20k each. Comes to me in the BB, and I have KJ starring at me. Not the best hand to be doing this with, but I weighed my options. There was roughly 60k in the pot now, I had 4k invested and the original raiser had me covered by a good 25k. Figured his calling ranges to be premiums but possibly as light as AQ-99.

I figured tho, I was only risking an extra 16k to win the 60k pot against 2 all ins with various ranges. I obviously don't mind KJ vs 2 random hands in that spot, but I couldn't just call. It was fold or 5 bet jam over the top. So maybe the aggrotistical side of me made this decision? Knowing there was a chance I could be dead, I thought about it and ultimately decided that the 5 bet jam was my best play.

I would love to hear thoughts on this hand, to how you would have played it. Is folding here a better spot to you guys or is this the correct play every time no matter the read giving the circumstances??


No comments: